A blog I frequent not as often as I should has opened my mind to a new understanding.
Basically, in a nail head- everyone of us has doubted our talents.
We've all (or hopefully will) had the blessing of discovering something we are not only good at, but passionate about.
Have you ever stopped and thought "but maybe I'm not good enough?" You aren't alone in this.
There's always the doubt in your mind, the thought that someone else can do this better. That's what holds a lot of us back from being great, from being extraordinary. Sometimes we place that blame on someone else, or a greater reason. The blame never falls on the fact that it could just be cold. hard. doubt.
Based on the mass amount of communication the internet and tv has opened for us, we witness other peoples talents. There is an overload of talent that has been showed to us that we couldn't access twenty years ago.
There are bands that people idolize that 20 years ago were just playing in someones garage, there are artists that 20 years ago that drew in colouring books or napkins. There are books that 20 years ago were just words in a coffee shop jotted down on receipts. Society has changed, but our talents haven't.
After much thought I have pinpointed and accepted that yes, doubt is exactly what has been holding me back. There are always billions of what ifs we can come up with. Recognizing is the first step, what you do with that recognition is what defines you and makes you who you are.
What's holding you back? I encourage you to delve deeper.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment