That's my blog song, so everyone knows it's been updated.
SO Chantal came, she saw, she left!!
With a bit more excitement inbetween..
Let's start with April 1st. Drove 5 hours to Gatwick, with 2 kiddies in the back seat and a mother relying on the gps to get us there, because really- it'd be crazy to memorize the route!!
Wasn't so bad, did a lot of people watching in the other cars, and saw a Mustang and the driver was on the left side and I got waaay too excited. Stopped at a restaurant for some nourishment, it was definitely kid friendly, but they were bored super fast. They each received a balloon, which ended up being, though a nice gesture, a stressful time in my life ahaha. Eventually we convinced them to let them go and watch them fly away so they wouldn't be in the car. (Sorry birdies)
We got to the hotel and I found out I had my own room with a double bed, which was nice but not very practical because I only had about 3 hours of sleep. I was WAY to excited, and could not wait for 9am.
So after a lot of tossing and turning and actually getting up to dance while listening to my ipod, (sorry people on floor 3 in room 14), I got my wake up call and it was time to mosey!!
We drove to the carpark at the airport, gave them the keys, and hopped onto the shuttle bus that took us to the north terminal. Then we took the train thinger to the south terminal (I was dragging along the monster bag while lady had bella in the stroller, and harry walking close beside), we then found out that the flight was leaving at the north terminal, to we went BACK onto the train thinger and found the check in place. I had to lift the bag onto the weigh-er thing and scrapped up my leg pretty good, and then they were off through security! I started to get a bit emotional, I'm just sooo not good at goodbyes, no matter how short, then it was time to mission BACK to the south terminal for some Chantal goodtimes.
I got back on the train thinger again, and found out she was set to arrive a bit later then originally planned, so I grabbed a large coffee to wake myself up, and wandered around, sat outside for a bit, then went back in to nab a good spot where people go through the big doors and see all the waiting ppls faces.. Made some friends with an elderly couple waiting for their friend, and then TA DAAA there she was!!
So we grabbed our train tickets and set off on the long journey home. Met a hippie/gypsy type guy who just saw his girlfriend off, back to Canada, learned about his hitch hiking plans and all that. At some point, between getting on the train and getting off the train I lost my mobile. Actually just totally lost it.. so we stopped in Hereford to pick up another one since I had to call a taxi (luckily they are DIRT cheap here), then stopped at Morrisons for some of our shopping needs, and jumped back on the train to Leominster (this is a good 6 hours later). We called a taxi from Lemsterrr station and got to the house, relieved and tired to find.. IT'S LOCKED. completely totally utterly LOCKED!!
Conveniently, as if someone had forseen us being locked out, was Toms number on a sheet of paper, held down by a rock. So I called Tom, no use. In the end had to call Dave who called the head honcho builder Dean, who told Dave that a seperate lock had been locked and where the key was, so we get in, Chantal has a good 3 hour nap to try and diminish the jet lag and I watched tv shows on the laptop.
soo I'm getting tired of typing right now..
to be continued..
No comments:
Post a Comment