Thursday, November 12, 2009

it echoes in my mind..

"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words,
it is expressed in the choices one makes."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

There's nothing like the feeling of being free.
Chains loosening and eyes opening. It's an amazing feeling
and I hope everyone gets a chance to experience this.
I hope nothing seems more magical then the drop of a snowflake on
your mitten, to look at it shimmer up close and in those few seconds before it fades
to experience beauty in it's truest form.
I hope dreams always seem within reach.
I challenge you to surround yourself with crunchy leaves and stars.
I pray you recognize smells and allow them to flood your body and take you back to the sweetest memory.
I hope health always is on your side and nothing seems smaller then the world we're in.
There is nothing greater then the feeling of self recognition.
When a simple act of repetition can bring a smile to your face.
Nothing would please me more then to have you close your eyes and bring yourself back to a cabin in the woods,
blankets of snow, sparkling in the moonlight, a fire before us.
My dear child, it's the smallest pleasures in your life that bring me the greatest in mine.
I want you to dance in a field of sunflowers.
I wish for someone to show you how to make a chain of daisies.
To know that nothing compares to a set of swings and the feeling you get when you drop.
Which leads me to my next point,
my darling;
butterflies.
Cherish each and every one.
They come hand in hand with lady bugs.
Never forget the fairy dust in their wings.
I pray you see kindness through the hardest shells
I want you to live and learn,
Forgive and forget,
But never regret.
Life is too short to get comfortable.
Crash a shopping cart,
Laugh until you cry,
Cry until you're weak.
That is when you will find me.
Look down to the sand and my footprints will be beside yours.
Though I may not be with you, my love,
I have never left you.
I never will.
Don't cry for the past, smile for your future.
It is bright with colour,
It is dark with despair.
Life is a big lesson, none of us will make it out alive.
So sparkle dear child, let go of fears;
Find the snowflake that makes you shine-
For you light up my life.

No comments: