Thursday, March 31, 2011

I break in two over you..

.. I break in two and each piece of me dies.
Only you can give the breath of life.
But you don't see me.
you don't.

I break in two over you.

***

If I lay here - will you lie with me,
and just forget the world.

let's waste time
chasing cars
around our heads.

***

I keep searching reflections, doing double takes and being more neurotic then usual. Hoping each time that I see a glimpse of you.
They say that glass is the best reflection for that. Sometimes you see the green of an eye, or a shimmer of hair. So far, nothing.
Was that all life was to you?
Something to get through and then forget.
Or are most doubts correct?
There is really nothing there. No one watching over and listening to prayers.
I've prayed and wished for the same thing over and over.
Nothing has helped. Nothing has been proven.
I used to think I knew it all.
I know now that I don't know anything.
I may never know anything -
and my crazed control-freak of a personality has to live with that.
Only problem is I'm not so sure I can.

***

I need your grace
to remind me
to find my own.

No comments: