I believe if you seek the truth,
You don't need to look far cuz it's gonna find you.
You don't need to look far cuz it's gonna find you.
This song blows my mind. It's called my life be like by grits.
It's a rap-esque song that constantly flashes across my mind. It's one of those songs that is always there in the back of my mind. It's all about God. One of the weirdest things is that most kids don't realize this. It'd come on at a dance at the camp I used to work at and the kids would go crazy. There's a fun blurb for you.
As I mentioned my birthday was last week, and I can't stop reading my moms blog post about it. She has this tradition of doing an ode to me on my birthday, and her whole purpose is to make me cry. Get down deep, and get emotional.
It's emotional in a good way though, reminds me of everything I've gotten from her including (but not limited to) my humour and my ability to open up and share memories that benefit at a certain time. It's the greatest way I make things relative to people, by sharing my experiences, and for the longest time I thought sharing about my life is the hardest thing I would ever have to do. I feel as though in a way I've done a 180 (because I so don't believe in overshares) and the benefits and improvements are overwhelmingly evident in my relationship with my mom.
Last night Lady had a surprise party thrown for her with 40+ guests checking in to a sit down dinner catered by the Indian restaurant Lady loves so much. I was sitting outside with the young'ns (aged 14) and they were talking about the relationships they have with their parents. It just made me so grateful that I can consider my mom a best friend and not the enemy. There were rough times and looking back I take full blame, every single incident or run in my mom and I had was due to me not sharing enough. (That's my fancy way of saying lying)
I mean what kid hasn't lied to their parents, but looking back to our past I lied about things that really weren't necessary. Obviously it was because she would have disapproved what I was doing for safety reasons or whatever else. But I love her even more for allowing me to make those mistakes (also, always forgetting when I was grounded about 3 days later).
There have been some huge fights, but I have never been one of those kids to swear or say I hate you. I place those words in the category of utmost disrespect and despite everything, I always respected (and still do!!) my mom, everything she's gone through in life, her ability to make daisies out of lemons (she's not the type to settle for lemonade! She goes above and beyond with that creativity) and her ability to forgive.
Let's be honest, if she couldn't forgive me for my mistakes, faults and bad character traits we would be nowhere as close as we are today.
Most of the times if I get homesick it's because I've recently talked to her. (I know pathetic, when did I turn into a mommys girl!!) It's a different type of homesick, it's usually awe flooding through me. My moms abilities to relate with words .. ahh I can't even think of the right word to describe it! It's just such a beautiful thing to experience,
her humour, quick wit and ultimate understanding always comes through in just the right balance. My mom could lecture me for hours, and everything just sits and simmers.
I love that we're such a team and remembering (from her blog, see I do sometimes remember what the beginning of my blog is about.. sometimes) that we always were a team. Even with our valley girl voices, and her trying to brainwash me into being a little diva (I don't think she meant to make it so literal, it was supposed to mock other divas rather then turn me into one). Some of my favorite memories (and some of her worst) are the rides to meet up with my dad, first in exeter and then in guelph, those few hours used to be the highlights of my month whether we were rocking out to the Lion King soundtrack (never the Elton John side of the cassette, no way) or sitting and just talking about things I couldn't remember anymore if I tried, it was just such an incredible thing to me. I always had the cool mom!! (I definitely still do, who else's mom looks like Marsha Brady I mean really?).
So mom, this is my thank you for your blog entries, your love and for being the spectacular human being that you are. It's a known saying that if you want to know what your girl is going to be like when she's older, look at her mom. I hope that's true because you inspire me to be and do more. You're support has always surprized me truthfully, but made me forever grateful! I couldn't be who I am without you, thank you for all that you do!!
You know how to git'r'done!!! ahahah
252 months of inspiration! Thank you for that, from the bottom of my heart. I so wish there were more words to help you guage the imprints you've left on me, and I hope I do you justice, not just in the present but in the future as well!
(Sorry about those teen years!)
Love you always xxo.
as a sidenote- everyone has gone to a Rugby tournament, and I'm home alone and a door keeps slamming, every time I check I can't figure out which door, and why it's slamming. It's completely freaking me out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment