This past week the kids have been on their holidays, they got a week off.. which means I did close to nothing. Worked 10-3 mon-wed, monday made cookies. Apparently when there are two children making cookies you need to use two seperate bowls and make two batches, they don't share! So cookies galore. We made them huge so they wouldn't be taking over the house! Tuesday lady's parents dropped by. Tom and lady took bentley for a walk, and the parents took the kids for a walk in the opposite direction. I did dishes. Then watched tv. Then read my book and it counted for my hours!! :> Life was good that day ahahah. I still help out in the evenings even though I'm not 'on the clock'. I'm not getting off scot-free so no need to worry yet.
Wednesday played on the trampoline, no big deal.
Lady asked me if I wanted thursday- saturday off and I said heck yes! The uni's had their reading week this week as well.. so I got to see the rachel! Lady needed me to babysit on saturday and felt bad about how that would affect my weekend/time off, hence the different days.
so thursday I took the train to bristol, got picked up by rachel, we went to her old teacher/family friends house to sort out a recommendation for Rachel, (he apparently is one of the ones that gets really excited talking to foreigners, I made his life supposedly because he's never met a canadian before, and yes I did tell him he met the worst one he could, no worries!!),
we went into the heart of Bristol to see Whitty-mac. It was sweet seeing her again, hearing a Canadian accent that isn't through my computer, although she's slowly crossing over to the Brit side, she's been here since september. Anyway, we went to eat at this lovely place, but you need I.D. to get in and they apparently couldn't find my birthday on mine (right under the picture guys, come on, 5 of you tried.. and failed! hard!), and Whitney didn't even bring hers.. so instead we went to this chicken place. Everything on the menu is chicken. I was in chicken heaven! I love it!! So we just wandered and chatted and caught up, possibly overstayed our welcome at the chicken place but really, who cares. Bottomless soft drinks? Friends who haven't seen each other in months? Really.
Went back to Thornbury aka rachels hizouse, and conked out. Woke up suuuper early on friday and drove 3 hours to Angmering to see Hope!! Some really good car times, making friends in rush hour, always a plus. Going around a roundabout about 4 times, and getting horribly lost (damn mapquest) and sketchy sketchy bathrooms in a gas station. I always wondered who was desperate enough to go in those, now I know!! (meeee) Finally we find ourselves at Hope's front door, had some juice, then peaced out in Wendy (hope's car) to Arundel. Which sounds like a name of someone in Lord of the Rings, but that may just be me.. anyway, had a photo shoot by this huge cathedral which was across from a castle, again, no big deal.
Walked down the hill to the shops, and ate at this tea room, best tuna sandwhich of my life possibly, and overstayed our welcome there. I ate (and yes I will be one of those people that talks about the food I eat, just right now) THE BEST chocolate cake (if you can call it that) at this place. It was like fudge with soft cookie in it, served with warmed cream. Sounds slightly nasty, and like an overload of sugar, and yes, yes it was. Sugarful, not nasty. It took me about 30 minutes to eat it because it was so jam packed with chocolatey goodness.. okay moving on from the cake..
we wandered around and looked at the shops, bought some cupcakes, and decided on roadtripping to see Tom Smith!!
We went back to Hope's, burnt a cd and grabbed her gps thing and peaced. Finally got to Tom's like 2 hours later, and gave him his cupcakes and got stories about teaching polish children, and learning polish. We then went to macdonalds in suuuch a sketchy area, then to a polish store where Tom wowed them with his language skills, and bought a ton of sausage and a chocolate bar for me, then went to the riverside in a random carpack to eat out MacShack. Police rolled up and asked us if we were doing drugs, to which Hope responded "nope we're eating our MacDonalds" and then the cop asked "while doing drugs?" and Hope said no and they said okay and peaced out. Serious. Police here are just so thorough!! After we finished our food we decided to have a mini rave and cranked the beats and danced our hearts out in this random parking lot.. after about 30 minutes a car rolled in so we booked it.
We got some petrol and then dropped Tom off, on the way deciding to call our Irish friends, we ended up outside Toms house on 2 different phones talking to 2 different people for the better part of an hour, and then went back to Hopes. Tom, obviously, left his polish sausage in the car. Obviously! He also bought Rachel biscuits called "Ginger Nuts" which was probably the highlight of my life.
At Hopes, Rach and I decided to crash and spend the night rather then driving 3 hours starting at 2am. We woke up at about 7 and by 7:30 we on the road. It was pretty quiet for a while and by the second time through the roadtrip cd we were more awake and rocked out to a 15 minute Britney Spears mashup. Just because we're THAT cool!!
Stopped at a gas station where some broad slammed her door into Rachels car, but we later found out she just wiped off some of the dirt, so she cleaned it really and so there was no need for her license plate # anymore ahah.. Got to Rachels, chilled for a bit and then she drove me to the train station, and then the other train station when we found out that one was closed for the day lol. Lady picked me up in Leominster (remember guys, it's pronounced Lemster, don't make that mistake twice!!) and then came back to the batcave, I took a nap, logged my hours for the week and did some journaling and then helped with dinner..
Today I watched Harry and Bella for a couple hours while the kids 'rents went to Tom rugby training, played on the trampoline again and around one started worrying about what to make the kids for lunch when I remembered they do a huge sunday lunch around 3 and thats all they eat lol..
so today it was Muscles in a white wine and onion sauce and my first time eating muscles was amaaaazing!! I also got lectured on how to properly eat them when I go to Paris and how I must have muscles once a day. After that was stake, potatoes, onion rings and salad. Oh and the most amazing mushrooms I have ever tasted. Really, I don't know why lady says she wants someone who can cook on her au pair profile, she's amazing. I guess that's why she doesn't mind that I can't. Seriously. After that I walked into the village but most things were closed and the pub was full so I went in for a quick drink and to say hey to Richard, who bought me some more stamps on the house ahah.. seriously sweet man!! He figured I had used the 10 he bought me last week and I didn't have the heart to tell him that I'm a terrible person and haven't actually finished writing the letters. I have 3 in the making ahaha.. yep. terrible person!!
Lastly, shout outs to Hannah and Caitlin!! yay for followers. Makes me feel like a sheppard, or Batman!! Either works..
To sum up, it's been an awesome week, things are going well. A bit homesick tonight, not too sure why, but it's nothing that sappy music and pictures can't fix. Plus I have an apple beside me that has been patiently waiting for me to eat it because I can't type and eat an apple at the same time. I'm going to go do that now.
Peace Homeskillets
No comments:
Post a Comment