Friday, February 6, 2009

*that first step you take is the longest stride*

I made it,
I'm in England. I am not loving it like I should, but hopefully it will grow on me. I'm trying to turn my perspective around and think of this place as my new home but it's been difficult.
My plane ride was alright, I went from sleeping to crying.. I think the man beside me thought I was a bit insane!! 
Took 2 trains to get to the area to meet my lady. She is pretty amazing, very chatty and very nice! 
They have had au pairs numerous times so she knows what I'm thinking and what I need. They've had au pairs from countries that don't speak english, I can't imagine that! I'm finding it hard to adjust. Imagine not speaking the language. Oy vey!!
My room is nice, very large and looks over the front of the house. It's my temporary room until the builders finish the area I'm going to be staying in. That has a bedroom/living area, kitchenette and a bathroom. The house has 3 floors and seems to go on forever. I keep forgetting which door leads where because they all look the same. My door has a bunch of holes in it so at night the light shines through it but I was so tired last night I didn't even notice. It's not too cold, there was like a cm of snow on the ground and then that melted by afternoon. I bought a new adapter plug thing for my computer today so I don't have to worry about the battery power. 
There are 2 children I look after- Issy is 2, she's a cute little girl, but I definitely forgot how demanding 2 yr olds are!! And Harry is 6- he's such a gentleman, very sensitive but likes to joke around. Tom is 14 and chills in his room the entire time he's home. Dinner last night was interesting, usually I can figure out what everyone is saying, but during dinner they all talk so fast I get a little bit lost.
Not too sure what the weekend holds for me, no schedule yet. 
I bought a notebook and some extra pens for letter writing, but I haven't picked up envelopes or stamps. Not too sure how many to put on a letter, but I will figure it out I guess. 
Missing everyone like crazy. I think I have post-partum depression. 
I figured using my blog was the easiest way to catch up, one sided I guess. This way if you want to look you can and if you don't you don't have to. 
Haven't taken many pictures yet, I've been too tired. Will post them when I take more. The kids love coming into my room and looking at my stuff, it's interesting.. A little frustrating but I'm sure once a routine gets down!!
Talk to you all soon!!

No comments: