
Rachel && I

Tim Hortons in Southampton? hold up..

Rachel && her chicken

The grossest yet most satisfying chicken dish ever!!
First things first.. Canada is the second largest country in the world. Most people have 'heard' of it but know nothing.. NO I am not american, yes we MAY sound slightly alike.. but NO! Stop asking me about my thoughts on Bush !! bah!
Crazy English..
"wait you have lots of snow right?" yes, yes we do. About 6 months of the year we have snow. And when there is no snow there is construction, fixing the distress the snow caused on the roads.. Just saying..
So this weekend was pretty amazing.. I had friday off and spent the day by myself in Hereford. I got my hair highlighted (so it is now all blonde rather then the mix up it was before), got some starbucks, had some macdonalds because I'm oh so healthy, did a bit of shopping, bought new headphones, and found some pretty sweet dress places and had some ideas for a dress for my sisters wedding.. exciting things.. I know. It was really relaxing and I enjoyed it very much!!
Saturday I woke up ridiculously early and missioned it to Southampton. 54 pounds, 2 changes and 4 hours later I was in Southampton!! Have to love trains, linking me to everywhere ahah.. it was quite interesting actually.. there were these 6 guys who were in there 30's and one tried to smack my bum when I went past and started telling me to sit with them.. turns out it was the only spot in that carriage left, I opted for standing. So 20 minutes later I finally had a seat (of course this was the longest train I was on (2 1/2 hours) but the standing was nice after already been sitting on a train for over an hour..
Anyway, I got to Southampton and met up with Jasmine and Rachel, both of which I had worked fall crew with at camp. It was soo nice to see them again. We took the bus to Jasmines house (first bus ride in England ever!!) dropped off our stuff and walked back to the bus stop to go back to the centre of town.
We decided to get some subway, which tastes pretty different from canada, and when you say "just a bit of light mayo" they laugh and load it on.. oh man!!
Then Jasmine takes us to a little shop where we found, get this, a TIM HORTONS!!!
It's a self serve and they have actually the bare minimum but it was so nice to see it.. Jasmine got a hot chocolate and then a doughnut.. we took another bus for about 3 minutes (we got a day pass so why not) to the core of town where there are lots of shops and a bits of wall that used to surround Southampton to protect it from water and other things..
We went into Primark (because who doesn't go there everyday) took a look around and then toured the wall.. Met up with Tom again for the briefest or brief visits, and took some pictures.. went into the mall where Tom stopped into his old work.. (Anyone we met Jasmine would be all "she's from canada!! speak!!" yes just like a dog aaha).
We stopped into Asda (after we noticed the time and realized that with getting ready Jas was going to be late for her own birthday party), got some Lambrini (which is the cheapest wine in the world but I can actually stand it.. it's peach and bubbly and not like wine at all actually) and pizza and garlic bread, and bussed back to Jasmines. We ate pizza and drank wine while getting ready and a short 2 hours later we were ready to rock and roll...
Jasmines dad dropped us off at a pub where we met up with some of her friends, then we walked to a club called 90 degrees.. (not 98 degrees, no Nick Lachay sadly), Jasmine was a bit of a social butterfly so Rachel and I stuck together, it was very you jump I jump Jack but we didn't mind. Danced the night away. I wont go into more details but I do need to say- Canadian guys, waaay less forward. English guys think that just because they are behind you they can do whatever they please.. Canadian guys - you twirl away and they lose interest and realize you're there with your ladies or whatever else, English guys think that its permission for you to look at them, be impressed, and carry on as before. You actually need to push them away and swear at them. Going for a drink or outside does not work. They WILL follow you.. and me being me at first couldn't say anything, just tried to get away, but them clued in and made sure I was heard ahaha..
By 2am Rachel and I decided it was chicken time, and Jasmine said they were going to another club anyway, showed us how to get there and then took off. Rachel and I found our way to chicken, and looking back on the pictures, I realize it must have been the most disgusting dish ever ahaha.. It was like chicken chunks in a burger bun with lettuce and some strange sauce, but the chips (fries) were nice.. I made friends with the people in the chicken place, and tried (unconvincingly) to convince them that I was from Ireland. They didn't by it, so I switched my story to being from Scotland, no dice!
We then started to venture to the new club called whitehouse.. but there was a cover, we had chicken, and it was only open for another hour.. so we decided to just chill out at a bus stop. Before I continue I should probably explain this decision, so I don't look like a hobo. Basically, it was drizzling outside, not flat out raining but it made any benches and whatever wet, AND the bus stops there are like the top of an f and only one piece of glass (plastic?) shielding you from the road with little benches, so its not like in toronto where some of them are boxed in with an opening..
So back to the story--
we were sitting and suddenly buddy walks infront of us backwards and this other dude is holding his hands inside his pants saying "whatdya say bout mi mum" and starts going on about how he's going to knife him, and I turn to Rachel and was like "how's he gunna knife him with his hands in his pants?" And then found out that because some clubs pat you down they put them in their pants.. and by pants I mean underwear, not trousers.. for the record..
Anyway, so we were just kind of sitting there while like 6 guys start showing up, literally 2 feet infront of us, there was a girl there and a guy tried to sit her down so she'd look like she was with us but she popped back up protesting that shes not going to let her mate get knifed. Very slyly, Rach and I stood up and crossed the street to the next bus stop to eat our chicken in peace and not be by standers to the whole thing. I had my cell phone out at the ready, but luckily they shook hands are 10 minutes of threats and parted ways..
Then a random group of people came up and were checking the bus stops and I offered them some food (they looked hungry, there was NO WAY I could have finished it), the one guy took me up on my offer and asked me where I was from, told him I was from Canada and he tried to tell me he was from Ireland, which I didn't buy because he had just been talking to me like an englishman and I had just used that excuse.. So he hung around for a while with his friends, then they go their bus. Then 2 more guys went by and they stopped and chatted and took Rachels name to add her to facebook then they went to get on their bus. We met some more characters until 3 am when Whitehouse was closing and Jasmine came out with a couple buddies from college, Luke and Ben. We stood outside the doors chatting for a bit then all I heard was "DUDE, what are you doing?! She's the club OWNER!!" and was like hey guys lets walk a bit, we made it liek 4 steps and I turned around and just see bright white-blonde hair flying at this dude, and she takes him down not a foot from where I was standing. And broad had her claws out! It was great, she annihilated the lad and just took over, so great! All of a sudden this guy comes and puts her in the back of a car, even though he wasn't dressed like a copper.. It was great, so we walked and talked for a while trying to find a cab, and eventually found the taxi line, and headed back to Jasmines and had girlie chats.
Sunday I woke up around 10:45 and had to catch the 12:18 train, so we made it to the bus stop, where no buses came because its sunday and its all different schedules. We had to call a cab to come get us and got to the station at 12:09, asked the lady and she told me to get to Eastleigh I needed to take a bus, but then we found out Rachels train goes from Eastleigh as well and she could take the bus with me so we parted ways with Jasmine, wished her a happy birthday and got on.. get this.. A DOUBLE DECKER BUS!! My first ever!! I made Rachel sit at the top with me and felt nauseous for the entire 20 minute ride, but it was FANTASTIC!! So worth it!!
So we parted ways, and 4 hours later I was back in Leominster, where ladys dad was waiting to bring me home. Chilled for the night because no one was home until like 8..
Monday usual schedule, today I was supposed to be watching the 2yr old, Lady lefts at 2:30 and by 4 Bella was fast asleep.. So I'm sitting in the sitting room, watching Dora and writing this while she is past out cold!! Sleeping children are so cute. I'd totally be willing to have one if I could guarantee that it would just sleep. All the time. I've heard that's quite rare though.. sooo .. ahah ..
Anyway, I have a raging headache and the computer screen isn't helping. Hope this made some of you happy, oh Caitlin- today I took a nap from 11-1:30, because I worked from 7:30-9:30 and I was exausted.. but also read..
OH I am currently reading 'The Boleyn Inheritance' and it is so so good. If you enjoyed 'The other Boleyn Girl' this is the sequel and is sweeping me off my feet!! For sure!! I can't put it down and it's completely to blame for my lack of sleep as of late!!
completely. Also, if you're into her Kelly Clarkson - I do not hook up, very very catchy. youtube that!!! exciting times..
Later days homeskillets- xoxo
Crazy English..
"wait you have lots of snow right?" yes, yes we do. About 6 months of the year we have snow. And when there is no snow there is construction, fixing the distress the snow caused on the roads.. Just saying..
So this weekend was pretty amazing.. I had friday off and spent the day by myself in Hereford. I got my hair highlighted (so it is now all blonde rather then the mix up it was before), got some starbucks, had some macdonalds because I'm oh so healthy, did a bit of shopping, bought new headphones, and found some pretty sweet dress places and had some ideas for a dress for my sisters wedding.. exciting things.. I know. It was really relaxing and I enjoyed it very much!!
Saturday I woke up ridiculously early and missioned it to Southampton. 54 pounds, 2 changes and 4 hours later I was in Southampton!! Have to love trains, linking me to everywhere ahah.. it was quite interesting actually.. there were these 6 guys who were in there 30's and one tried to smack my bum when I went past and started telling me to sit with them.. turns out it was the only spot in that carriage left, I opted for standing. So 20 minutes later I finally had a seat (of course this was the longest train I was on (2 1/2 hours) but the standing was nice after already been sitting on a train for over an hour..
Anyway, I got to Southampton and met up with Jasmine and Rachel, both of which I had worked fall crew with at camp. It was soo nice to see them again. We took the bus to Jasmines house (first bus ride in England ever!!) dropped off our stuff and walked back to the bus stop to go back to the centre of town.
We decided to get some subway, which tastes pretty different from canada, and when you say "just a bit of light mayo" they laugh and load it on.. oh man!!
Then Jasmine takes us to a little shop where we found, get this, a TIM HORTONS!!!
It's a self serve and they have actually the bare minimum but it was so nice to see it.. Jasmine got a hot chocolate and then a doughnut.. we took another bus for about 3 minutes (we got a day pass so why not) to the core of town where there are lots of shops and a bits of wall that used to surround Southampton to protect it from water and other things..
We went into Primark (because who doesn't go there everyday) took a look around and then toured the wall.. Met up with Tom again for the briefest or brief visits, and took some pictures.. went into the mall where Tom stopped into his old work.. (Anyone we met Jasmine would be all "she's from canada!! speak!!" yes just like a dog aaha).
We stopped into Asda (after we noticed the time and realized that with getting ready Jas was going to be late for her own birthday party), got some Lambrini (which is the cheapest wine in the world but I can actually stand it.. it's peach and bubbly and not like wine at all actually) and pizza and garlic bread, and bussed back to Jasmines. We ate pizza and drank wine while getting ready and a short 2 hours later we were ready to rock and roll...
Jasmines dad dropped us off at a pub where we met up with some of her friends, then we walked to a club called 90 degrees.. (not 98 degrees, no Nick Lachay sadly), Jasmine was a bit of a social butterfly so Rachel and I stuck together, it was very you jump I jump Jack but we didn't mind. Danced the night away. I wont go into more details but I do need to say- Canadian guys, waaay less forward. English guys think that just because they are behind you they can do whatever they please.. Canadian guys - you twirl away and they lose interest and realize you're there with your ladies or whatever else, English guys think that its permission for you to look at them, be impressed, and carry on as before. You actually need to push them away and swear at them. Going for a drink or outside does not work. They WILL follow you.. and me being me at first couldn't say anything, just tried to get away, but them clued in and made sure I was heard ahaha..
By 2am Rachel and I decided it was chicken time, and Jasmine said they were going to another club anyway, showed us how to get there and then took off. Rachel and I found our way to chicken, and looking back on the pictures, I realize it must have been the most disgusting dish ever ahaha.. It was like chicken chunks in a burger bun with lettuce and some strange sauce, but the chips (fries) were nice.. I made friends with the people in the chicken place, and tried (unconvincingly) to convince them that I was from Ireland. They didn't by it, so I switched my story to being from Scotland, no dice!
We then started to venture to the new club called whitehouse.. but there was a cover, we had chicken, and it was only open for another hour.. so we decided to just chill out at a bus stop. Before I continue I should probably explain this decision, so I don't look like a hobo. Basically, it was drizzling outside, not flat out raining but it made any benches and whatever wet, AND the bus stops there are like the top of an f and only one piece of glass (plastic?) shielding you from the road with little benches, so its not like in toronto where some of them are boxed in with an opening..
So back to the story--
we were sitting and suddenly buddy walks infront of us backwards and this other dude is holding his hands inside his pants saying "whatdya say bout mi mum" and starts going on about how he's going to knife him, and I turn to Rachel and was like "how's he gunna knife him with his hands in his pants?" And then found out that because some clubs pat you down they put them in their pants.. and by pants I mean underwear, not trousers.. for the record..
Anyway, so we were just kind of sitting there while like 6 guys start showing up, literally 2 feet infront of us, there was a girl there and a guy tried to sit her down so she'd look like she was with us but she popped back up protesting that shes not going to let her mate get knifed. Very slyly, Rach and I stood up and crossed the street to the next bus stop to eat our chicken in peace and not be by standers to the whole thing. I had my cell phone out at the ready, but luckily they shook hands are 10 minutes of threats and parted ways..
Then a random group of people came up and were checking the bus stops and I offered them some food (they looked hungry, there was NO WAY I could have finished it), the one guy took me up on my offer and asked me where I was from, told him I was from Canada and he tried to tell me he was from Ireland, which I didn't buy because he had just been talking to me like an englishman and I had just used that excuse.. So he hung around for a while with his friends, then they go their bus. Then 2 more guys went by and they stopped and chatted and took Rachels name to add her to facebook then they went to get on their bus. We met some more characters until 3 am when Whitehouse was closing and Jasmine came out with a couple buddies from college, Luke and Ben. We stood outside the doors chatting for a bit then all I heard was "DUDE, what are you doing?! She's the club OWNER!!" and was like hey guys lets walk a bit, we made it liek 4 steps and I turned around and just see bright white-blonde hair flying at this dude, and she takes him down not a foot from where I was standing. And broad had her claws out! It was great, she annihilated the lad and just took over, so great! All of a sudden this guy comes and puts her in the back of a car, even though he wasn't dressed like a copper.. It was great, so we walked and talked for a while trying to find a cab, and eventually found the taxi line, and headed back to Jasmines and had girlie chats.
Sunday I woke up around 10:45 and had to catch the 12:18 train, so we made it to the bus stop, where no buses came because its sunday and its all different schedules. We had to call a cab to come get us and got to the station at 12:09, asked the lady and she told me to get to Eastleigh I needed to take a bus, but then we found out Rachels train goes from Eastleigh as well and she could take the bus with me so we parted ways with Jasmine, wished her a happy birthday and got on.. get this.. A DOUBLE DECKER BUS!! My first ever!! I made Rachel sit at the top with me and felt nauseous for the entire 20 minute ride, but it was FANTASTIC!! So worth it!!
So we parted ways, and 4 hours later I was back in Leominster, where ladys dad was waiting to bring me home. Chilled for the night because no one was home until like 8..
Monday usual schedule, today I was supposed to be watching the 2yr old, Lady lefts at 2:30 and by 4 Bella was fast asleep.. So I'm sitting in the sitting room, watching Dora and writing this while she is past out cold!! Sleeping children are so cute. I'd totally be willing to have one if I could guarantee that it would just sleep. All the time. I've heard that's quite rare though.. sooo .. ahah ..
Anyway, I have a raging headache and the computer screen isn't helping. Hope this made some of you happy, oh Caitlin- today I took a nap from 11-1:30, because I worked from 7:30-9:30 and I was exausted.. but also read..
OH I am currently reading 'The Boleyn Inheritance' and it is so so good. If you enjoyed 'The other Boleyn Girl' this is the sequel and is sweeping me off my feet!! For sure!! I can't put it down and it's completely to blame for my lack of sleep as of late!!
completely. Also, if you're into her Kelly Clarkson - I do not hook up, very very catchy. youtube that!!! exciting times..
Later days homeskillets- xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment